Smart Agarose is an agarose ideal for routine rapid separation of DNA and RNA fragments as well as PCR products, the preparation of plasmids, and for screening, cloning and blotting techniques.
- Easy dissolution and rapid gelling.
- Excellent transparency and low background staining gives clear band visibility.
- Sharp and well defined bands.
- Very low DNA binding.
- BioMax has high gel strength even at low concentrations, so use rates are 0.75 - 2%.
- It is effective in blotting and in separations of nucleic acid fractions from 250 bp to 23 Kb.
SPECIFICATIONS & FUNCTIONAL TESTS
|Clarity 1.5% (NTU)||≤ 4|
|Gel Strength||≥ 1000 g/cm2 (1% Gel)|
|Gel Strength||≥ 2000 g/cm2 (1.5% Gel)|
|Gelling Point||36°C ± 1.5°C (1.5% Gel)|
|Melting Point||88°C ± 1.5°C (1.5% Gel)|
|DNase/RNase activity||None detected|